DescriptionCollege of Administration and Finance Sciences
Deadline: Saturday 18/Feb/2023 @ 23:59
Course Name: Advanced Financial
Course Code: ACCT 302
Academic Year: 1444 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Mohammed Arshad Khan
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answers must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism.
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
College of Administration and Finance Sciences
1) The following intercompany transactions occurred during the year: (5 Marks)
a) Parent loaned $ _____ to Subsidiary. To keep things simple, assume that there is no
interest revenue or interest expense associated with this loan.
b) Parent made a sale to Subsidiary for $ ______ cash. The inventory had originally cost
Parent $ ____. Subsidiary then sold that same inventory to an outsider for $ _______.
c) Parent made a sale to Subsidiary for $_____ cash. The inventory had originally cost
Parent $____. Subsidiary has not yet sold that same inventory to an outsider.
What consolidation worksheet entries would you make?
Note: Assume you own figures wherever required.
2) Suntop Corporation is an 80% owned subsidiary of Pentop Corporation, acquired for $ 240,000 on
January 1, 2021.
Investment Cost was equal to book value and fair value.
Suntop’s net income in 2021 was $ 60,000 and Pentop’s income, excluding its income from
Suntop, was 80,000.
Pentop’s income includes a $ 12,000 unrealized gain on land that cost $ 42,000 and was sold
to Suntop for $ 54,000.
Assume that Suntop sold the land in 2023 for $ 60,000.
Assume Pentop adjust for this transaction in the equity accounts.
1) What Entries would Pentop make in 2021 and 2023?
2) Prepare the Consolidation Entries at December 31, 2021, December 31, 2022 and December 31,
3) Exchange rates change because of a number of economic factors affecting the supply of and demand
for a nation’s currency. What are the factors that cause change in exchanges rates of currency of a
country? State and Explain any four of these factors.
Purchase answer to see full