Descriptionالمملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
MGT425-Spreadsheet Decision Modeling
Due Date: 18/02/2023 @ 23:59 (End of Week 11)
Spreadsheet Decision Modeling
Course Code: MGT425
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: Second Term- 2022-2023 (1444 H)
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 15 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs)
Find some structured ways of dealing with complex managerial
Explain simple decision models and management science ideas
that provide powerful and (often surprising) qualitative insight
about large spectrum of managerial problems.
Demonstrate the tools for deciding when and which decision
models to use for specific problems.
Build an understanding of the kind of problems that is tackled
using Spreadsheet Modeling and decision analysis.
Question- 2, 3
• Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
• On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
• From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
• In the Search Bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Title: “Modeling Autonomous Decision-Making on Energy and Environmental Management
Using Petri-Net: Case Study”.
Author: Niken Prilandita, Benjamin McLellan, Tetsuo Tezuka.
Assignment Questions: (Marks 15)
Read the above case study and answer the following Questions:
Question 1: Explain the autonomous decision-making process, its advantages and disadvantages (250300 words) (3-Marks).
Question 2: Discuss the Centralized and De-centralized Decision-making Approaches with suitable
examples (250-300 words). (3-Marks).
Question 3: Explain the various stages of Decision-Making Cycle based on this case study (250-300
Question 4: Why are the most decisions made on energy and environmental management known as the
decisions of community interest. (250-300 words) (3-Marks).
Question 5: What is your learning from this case study and how it is beneficial for you? (250-300
Purchase answer to see full