DescriptionGeneral Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced
for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other
resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No
pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the logistic function concepts and theories as
well as supply chain management strategies. (Lo.1.1)
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues pertaining to supply chain
integration and strategic supply chain partnership (Lo 1.2).
3. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain
Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities.
Use the Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine.
Search Title: THE BENEFITS OF LEAN MANUFACTURING what lean thinking
offers the process Industries
Authors Name: Melton,T
Source: In 7th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
Research and Design June 2005 83(6):662-673
Read out the research paper carefully and based on your understanding you should
answer the following questions.
1. Why do Manufacturing Companies focus on Lean Thinking? (500 words)(5Marks)
2. What is meant by the term overproduction? Why do you think this has been
described as the biggest waste of all? (500 words)- (5Marks)
3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits of using lean
thinking from Suppliers to end users? (500 words) -(5Marks)
Reference should be included.
1. Answer2. Answer3. Answer-
Purchase answer to see full