Descriptionالمملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
Department of Business Administration
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Entrepreneurship and small business (MGT 402)
Due Date: 16/02/2023 @ 23:59- The 11th week
Course Name: Entrepreneurship and
Course Code: MGT402
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 2022-23
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students
or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)
font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted
• Place of Submission is Blackboard.
• Weight 15 Marks
1. Describe the place of small business in history and explore the strengths and weaknesses of
small business. (LO 1)
2. Design a solid projected financial plan and conduct a breakeven analysis for a small company.
3. Demonstrate the ability to deliver and communicate marketing massages in coherent and
professional manner. (LO 5)
4. Illustrate the ability to think independently and systematically on developing a viable business
model. (LO 6)
This assignment is an individual assignment.
An entrepreneur Start-up
A business plan is any simple plan, not only limited to the business start-up plan that helps the
management to understand the current situation of the enterprises (strengths, weakness,
opportunities and threats) and look forward into the future. A start-up plan is a business plan which
consists of the mission, vision, objectives and action plans for the future of the new enterprises
while the business plan drawn during the operation of the firm is vital for running the firm
effectively, acquire new customers, partners, loans and so on. According to Fiore (2005), a
business plan involves two dimensions; an organizing tool to simplify and clarify your business
goals and strategy, the second one is a selling document that sells the business idea and shows that
a product or a service can make a profit and attract funding and company resources.
Imagine you started a new business as an entrepreneur in Saudi Arabia. Briefly mention the
specific steps which you consider necessary to a successful business plan.
Please, think and share information on the following items:
1. Owners, capital structure and company profile (3 Marks)
a. Your Business Name, Address, E‐Mail
b. Form of ownership: What is the legal structure? Sole proprietor, Partnership,
C. Investment capital
2. Company Business Description (300 – 400 words)
A. Scope and type of business (5 Marks)
What business will you be in? What will you do? What market segment will you
• Business idea: what is your big idea? Is it a product or a service? What makes your
• Mission Statement
• Company’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
• Target market and demographics: Who will your customers be? Where do they live?
What is your target market passionate about?
B. Business Philosophy (4 Marks)
What is important to you in your business?
• Describe your Industry: Is it a growth industry? What long-term or short-term changes
do you foresee in the industry? How will your company take advantage of it?
• Describe your most important company strengths and core competencies: What factors
will make the company succeed? What do you think your major competitive strengths
will be? What background experience, skills, and strengths do you personally bring to this
• Risk Assessment: Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your business using SWOT.
•Who is your competition and how do you beat them?
3. Products and Services (3 Marks)
a. Briefly discuss your products or services (Technical specification).
b. Size of business: how many employees? How many offices and retail facilities?
c. What factors will give you competitive advantages or disadvantages? Examples,
include level of quality or unique or proprietary features.
Note: Use APA style of referencing
Purchase answer to see full