Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories.
Making judgement as to whether a theory could be adapted for use in research is very important. Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories.
· Historical Background
· Theory Analysis
· Theory Evaluation
· Selecting a Theory for Nursing Research
· Middle Range Theory Evaluation Process
Weekly Learning Objectives
By the end of this lesson, the learners will
· Analyze the historical background of nursing theorists
· Analyze theories by early authors
· Describe the process of evaluating theories
Student Learning Outcomes (Outcome 2, 3, 5)
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
· Critique nursing’s conceptual models, grand theories, and mid-range theories.
· Examine the influence that nursing models and theories have upon research and practice.
· Apply nursing theory or theories to nursing research.
End of Program Outcomes:
· Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of care to clients across diverse healthcare settings