Â Â Â Â Week 3 Assignment – Reflexive Paper
We all have different experiences going Â through life.Â Those experiences shape how we view the world and how we Â behave in it. In this assignment you are going to look at your own Â experiences of the world and culture we live inÂ by being reflexive. As Â you have learned over the past few weeks, reflexivity is â€œdisciplined Â self-reflectionâ€ meant to build deeper understanding, not just of Â ourselves, but of the larger world. The goal of reflexivity is to Â understand others so that we can understand ourselves and grow. To be Â disciplined, the reflection needs to be purposeful and directed, meaning Â we need to look at something specific in the world and then compare it Â to our own personal experiences and decide if this new knowledge changes Â how we think and feel. This assignment provides an opportunity Â for you to delve deeper into your own thoughts, feelings, and Â experiences, and gain a better understanding of your own personal lens. Â By being reflexive, you will better understand how social and cultural Â norms, assumptions, biases, environment, and background shape your Â worldview. Requirements
Find an article published within the last 18 months that discusses issues related to one of the following topics:Â
- Economic inequity.
- Racial inequity.
- Global inequity.
- Health care inequity.
- Gender and sexuality.
- Then in a 2â€“3 page paper, discuss the following:Â
- Summarize the issue presented.
- Describe your overall impression of the issue as presented in the article: Â Â Â Â
- Do you agree or disagree with the author? Why?
- What in your personal experience may have influenced your Â thinking about this issue? Consider social/cultural norms, religious Â beliefs, environment, and background.
- Cite your source to support your writing. Choose a source that is Â credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite the source listed at least one Â time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and Â citation, access the library or review library guides.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Â Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Â Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Â Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:Â
- Explore the relationship between an individualâ€™s worldview and Â their social/cultural norms, assumptions, biases, environment, and Â background.
- Â Â Â Â
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â