Â QUESTION 1
Complete the warm-up exercise, Strategic Marketing Basics.Â A transcript of this interactive exercise is also available.
Consider what you learned in the experience and respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- As a marketing manager, how does a focus on sustainability inform your tasks and activities?
- Pick a company or brand you are familiar with and share an example of how the company has incorporated sustainable practices. Why is it important to take a sustainable approach?
- What partnerships and collaborations might a company enter into in order to maintain effective sustainability practices?
- How might sustainability contribute to customer satisfaction?
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:Â
- Do you think organizations differ from each other when placing importance on areas of the SWOT analysis?
- Describe a real-world example of an organization that would place more importance on one area of the SWOT analysis compared to another area.
MKT 574 Module 1 Collaboration Warm-Up Exercise: Strategic Marketing Basics
Title: Collaboration Warm-Up Exercise: Strategic Marketing Basics
Title: Exercise Objective
Collaborate on basic marketing concepts and marketing strategies.
In this warm-up, you will practice collaboration skills while learning about basic marketing concepts and marketing strategies. Then, you will use your own experiences to reflect on marketing strategies.
Title: Marketing Basics â€“ What it is and What it isnâ€™t
As a field, marketing is often misconceived.
Marshall & Johnston (2019) outline six marketing misconceptions.
Misconception #1: Marketing is all about advertising.
Â· Reality: Yes, advertising is highly visible by its very nature, but it is not the only way to market to a customer.
Misconception #2: Marketing is all about selling.
Â· Reality: Personal selling is another form of marketing communication, in addition to advertising, as well as direct marketing, promotions, and other publicity.
Misconception #3: Marketing is all about the sizzle.
Â· Reality: Successful marketing strategies