Â Read the following case studyÂ and answer the reflective questions.Â Please provide evidence-based rationales for your answers. Â APA, 7th ed. must be followed.Â Â
MSN 5550 Health Promotion: Prevention of Disease
Case Study Module 12
Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions. Please provide
evidence-based rationales for your answers. APA, 7th ed. must be followed.
Deadline: Due by Saturday at 23:59 p.m.
CASE STUDY: Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault: Jessica
Sexual assault includes any type of sexual activity to which an individual does not agree.
Because of the effects of some drugs, commonly called date rape drugs, victims may be
physically helpless, unable to refuse, or even unable to remember what happened. Jessica, a
16-year-old high school sophomore, expresses concern to the school nurse practitioner that she
knows someone who might have had sex â€œwithout knowing it.â€ How can the nurse practitioner
answer these common questions?
1. What are date rape drugs and how can a person be unaware that such a drug has been
2. What can you do to protect yourself?
3. What do you do if you think you have been sexually assaulted?
4. What can you do when someone you care about has been sexually assaulted?
5. What role does a nurse practitioner play in the care of sexually assaulted patients,
particularly in the adolescent age group?