The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized care.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) on cancer and approach to care based on the utilization of the nursing process. Include the following in your paper:
1. Describe the different types of diagnostic methods utilized to identify possibility of cancer. Explain the numeric and Tumor, Node, Metastasized (TNM) method of staging of cancer after the confirmed diagnosis.
2. Describe at least three complications of cancer, the side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.
3. Discuss what factors contribute to the yearly incidence and mortality rates of various cancers in Americans.
4. Explain what the American Cancer Society (ACS) might provide for education and support. What ACS services could a nurse recommend for these patients and why?
5. Explain how the nursing process is utilized to provide safe and effective care for cancer patients across the life span. Your explanation should include each of the five phases demonstrating the delivery of holistic and patient-focused care.
6. How does an interdisciplinary research approach (which includes liberal arts, science studies, mathematics, social and physical sciences), build on the foundational nursing knowledge related to cancer research?
You are required to cite a minimum of four sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
1.1: Incorporate liberal arts and science studies into nursing knowledge.
3.1 Utilize the nursing process to provide safe and effective care for patients across the life span.
Expand All Rubric Criteria